Hey guys, I wanted to do something a little different other than book reviews because some are coming your way and I don’t want to bore you with them. I thought that I could do a little book tag that let you know a little more about me and my reading habits and such. I don’t know who I should tag particularly so just leave in the comments on your answers, I’d love to see them!
Q1. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- I actually hoard a lot of my bookmarks and use them as something to hold on to and stare at because I own several. Most of the time I just try to memorize the page I stop at or guess and check by flipping through the pages until I find my spot. Sometimes when I remember I will carry a bookmark but for the most part I just collect them.
Q2. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- Since I am at school my reading spot is either my bed or the Barnes & Noble down the street when I’m through studying. When the whether is nice I like to sit under this tower clock in the courtyard next to a chapel and behind the cafeteria. It’s really beautiful to sit against the bricks and watch nearby students walk to and from class.
Q3. Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Hmmm. I’d say it’s half and half. Half of the time I will munch on some chips or animal crackers with water or iced coffee. The other half I’m too immersed within the book that I can’t do anything other than read.
Q4. One book at a time or several at once?
- When I was younger I would only read one book at a time but as I grew older and there was too many books I bought at once I would start to read maybe two at the same time. Though they had to be two completely different genres that way I don’t get confused with the worlds and such and I only do this when I’m in a slump that way one or the other will get me out of that slump.
Q5. Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain point or chapter, page, part etc.?
- If it is a book I am really invested in then I will probably pull an all nighter trying to finish it. But most of the time I will stop at a chapter unless it gets really good then I try to only stop when I can wait till the next part. I also am really fond of even number, I don’t know why, but if I stop on a page it has to be an even number.
Q6. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
- I actually cannot read without listening to music. It’s like I can’t get into the groove of reading until I have my headphones in my ears and I am jamming out to my favorite songs. When I am reading you will catch me nodding or tapping my fingers to the beat and either singing or humming along to the music. I multitask so it’s weird to do just one thing for me. Rarely will I watch TV and read but when I do I’ll read when the show gets boring or during commercials.
Q7. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- When the book gets boring to the point where if I don’t find out what the heck is going on and debate on DNF-ing the book then I’ll probably skip to the end or skim a few pages until it gets good but that’s rare.
Q8. Do you write in books?
- No. Once during my junior year in AP English my teacher made the class write in whatever book we read as a class which totaled to about 6 different books. When I realized what we had to do I was appalled – write in books? Purposely? I didn’t like it but it was either write in the book or fail so I chose the latter. I didn’t like it but I did it.
Q9. Read at home or everywhere?
- Um both? I have a book with me wherever I go whether it’s a physical copy or an e-book on my phone. I don’t mind reading anywhere or at home though I prefer home in my bed with a drink and my dog next to me.
Q10. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- Silently in my head. I am self conscious about reading out loud and I read faster silently anyways. Sometimes I will mouth the words or when I am getting bored I’ll whisper in a English accent to try and make it more appealing but then I go back to reading silently.
Ok that was The Book Tag. A very bland name but kind of fun. If you would like to do this or answer the questions down in the comments – go for it! If you like these type of things or want to see something different let me know that way I don’t drown y’alls inbox with reviews after reviews. Thank you readers for reading and I will have another blog post up soon.
Over and out.